CAREERS at SMARTT . . .
Computer (CAD) Design Engineers
Scale Models, Arts, & Technologies, Inc. (SMARTT, Inc.), is seeking CAD Design Engineers with professional experience using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
The positions offered are primarily to design scale models of structures (model buildings), bridges, vehicles, etc. for manufacture using Laser machines, CNC machines, and 3-D printing technologies.
The position will also, from time to time, require similar design capabilities for structural framing components, scale model landscape foundations, etc.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Primary Specific Requirements and Skills
Successful candidates require the following “Must Have” skills and experience:
- Expertise with AutoCAD (2-D and 3-D) and Autodesk Inventor to design high detail scale models, precision parts, sub-assemblies, and complete assemblies of same.
- Expertise and experience designing scale models, either from drawings, or prints, and photographs.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using the above software CAD packages to design scale models specifically for manufacture with Laser cutters, CNC machines, and 3-D Printing.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the set-up and operating requirements for Laser cutters, CNC machines, and 3-D Printing.
- Knowledge and experience to produce assembly drawings, instruction sheets, bills of materials from CAD software and MS Word as required for company production teams and for purchasing.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
Preference will be given to candidates with the following “Most Desirable” additional skills and experience:
- Experience with 3-D presentation and graphic software – ie: 3DS Max, Corel, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience in Model Railroading
- Experience in the Scale Model building, Slot Car, Robotics, or RC hobbies.
- Preparation of processing and post processing of Laser cut and 3-D printed parts and components.
- Ability to draw or express ideas visually.